Beach Lifeguard Course at Donegal Adventure Centre...
Donegal Adventure Centre is an official RLSS Training Centre. We run regular Beach Lifeguard Courses here in Bundoran but we also can come to you and run a lifeguard course in your location.
The National Beach Lifeguard Qualification and the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification are awarded by the Institute of Qualified Lifeguards (IQL), and are nationally and internationally recognised as the essential standards of competence.
Each acts as a passport to employment with swimming pool managers, local authorities, outdoor centres and holiday companies both here in Ireland and throughout the world.
The following dates are for the next NBLQ courses in DAC in 2015 but more may be added due to demand.
New! We are also mobile - if you have a number of candidates and can provide suitable conditions we can come to you - contact us on info@donegaladventure centre.
We will have regular courses running through out the year - here are just some of the course dates for the next few months
March March 27th (6 days )
April 17 Easter course
May 19th - 22nd
May 26th - 29
2 weekends: dates TBC
Prices & prerequisites
Donegal Adventure Centre: Every candidate attending a NVBLQ course must:
• Be 16-years-old or over at the time of the assessment
• Have a good level of fitness
• Surface dive to a depth of 1.5 metres
• Tread water for two minutes
• Climb out of deep water unaided and without steps
• Be competent at swimming in the sea
• Be able to swim 400m in less than eight minutes
• Swim 100m on the front, 100m on the back and 200m in less than four minuets
As much of the course will be held outdoors I would suggest that when we move to the beach you bring the following items with you where possible.
1. Wetsuit, swim gear, swim fins, running gear and a number of towels.
2. Warm outdoor clothing including head cover.
3. Outdoor footwear, runners, booties or old runners for the sea.
4. A complete change of clothing and footwear.
5. A bright coloured swim hat preferable Yellow NOT Blue or Black.
6. Note pad A4, biros etc,
7. Whistle also required, for training and assessment purposes.
Training prior to attending a training course, it is recommended and candidates should be able to swim 100 metres on the front, 100 metres on their back and also swim 200 metres in less than 4 minutes. Candidates should be able to dive, without risk to your hearing, to a maximum depth of 2 metres. If you are unsure, then it would be appropriate to seek medical advice with regard to diving to depths greater than 1.5 metres. Tread water for 2 minutes and climb out of deep water unaided and without using the steps.
[14:19:35] Donegal Adventure Centre: Apr 2016 (2 weekends) Fri 1st - Sun 3rd & Fri 8th - 10th Apr Fri 2pm-10pm, Sat & Sun 9am-6pm New Candidate & Previous Holder €350pp/Student €320pp (Valid USIT Card)
For any further information on Beach Lifeguarding see www.lifeguardsireland.com.
Numbers are limited to 12 persons per course, please phone to book 071 984 2418.
Credit cards welcome, or you can mail deposit cheque to:
Lifeguard Training Dept
Donegal Adventure Centre